Eco Tourism Coordinator
The ETIV Eco-Tourism Coordinator is a critical member of the ETIV team. It is the duty of the eco-tourism coordinator to take the lead in planning, organizing and overseeing the eco and adventure tours and cultural education packages that we offer. Knowledge and experience with business, marketing and/or tourism is a plus. The tourism coordinator will need to be able to coordinate with local tour agencies, teachers and community leaders to help us build partnerships and find the best deals, while also building and marketing the tour packages that we will be offering to volunteers and international travelers alike.
In addition, we also want to be able to offer tours to some of the local youth and families that work with our NGO, especially those that are becoming environmental and community leaders through our projects and programs. We have already connected with one local tour agency in town that will work with us to help cover the costs of tours for local youth; especially those who otherwise would never be able to afford these tours and who have never been able to visit these beautiful places right in their own backyards. This will be an exciting position as we further develop our package tours to be business savvy and create a sustainable way to help fund our NGO and local community projects.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years or older.
- Volunteers should work at least one month before taking vacation time, but we are flexible to suit different needs.
- Volunteers work at least 4 hours day/20 hours a week, usually Monday – Friday from 9am to 1pm.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application form prior to acceptance and they must sign and agree to our ETIV code of conduct prior to or upon arrival.
- This position requires a higher intermediate to advanced level of Portuguese.
- A minimum of 3 months time commitment is preferred for this position.
- Knowledge and experience in the tourism field preferred.