Marketing and Communications Volunteer
We are looking for a skilled marketing and communications volunteer that will be able to take the lead on marketing our organization and volunteer opportunities on a variety of social media sites including Facebook, twitter, travel forums and in a variety of recruitment websites. We are also looking for someone that can work with the website developer to support with branding and updates to the website. Finally, and if time permits, we would like support with creating a newsletter and the initial framework for the written and descriptive portion of our annual report. Knowledge about Google Ad Words and Search Engine Optimization is also highly desirable. Portuguese is not a requirement for this position, but we highly recommend that all volunteers begin to learn at least basic Portuguese, as most people in Bahia do not speak English and getting around will be very difficult without at least a basic knowledge of the language.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years or older.
- Volunteers should work at least one month before taking vacation time, but we are flexible to suit different needs.
- Volunteers work at least 4 hours day/20 hours a week, usually Monday – Friday from 9am to 1pm.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application form prior to acceptance and they must sign and agree to our ETIV code of conduct prior to or upon arrival.
- Basic to intermediate level of Portuguese is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 months time commitment is preferred for this position.
- Knowledge and/or experience in marketing and communications preferred.