ETIV do Brasil is looking for dedicated volunteers or interns to support our Marketing and Recruitment work in beautiful Itacaré, Bahia, Brazil. These volunteers or interns will be responsible for leading our overall marketing strategy as we promote our organization and our volunteer opportunities on a wide variety of social media sites, volunteer recruitment websites and on different internship and job boards. In addition, our marketing coordinator is also expected to help us build partnerships with more colleges and universities to market our opportunities in their volunteer and internship databases as well as in their newsletters or other publications. The main goal of this position is to help the NGO recruit more volunteers and interns to support both our local community projects and our administrative work.
Our Marketing and Recruitment volunteers and interns will receive ongoing training, supervision and guidance from the director and/or the Operations Manager, while he or she will also gain a great deal of knowledge about NGO administration. Meanwhile, volunteers and interns that can commit at least 3 months to this work can lead the project by becoming our Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator. Coordinators are also responsible for training, supervising and supporting any other volunteers or interns that may become engaged in marketing, recruitment or social media work. This includes our team of virtual volunteers and interns that participate in weekly marketing and recruitment meetings. Volunteers or Interns can also fulfill this position virtually from home, completely free of charge. As regional outreach coordinators, virtual volunteers are also expected to help promote the NGO at home and in local schools, universities and communities.
- Develop content and track results from a wide variety of recruitment sites and our university outreach
- Measure and track performance of the marketing and recruitment strategy
- Provide recommendations for new strategies and initiatives for improved marketing and recruitment
- Maintain and continuously update the Marketing and Recruitment Manual and our Record of Progress
- Coordinate and/or support our entire Marketing and Recruitment team
- Create weekly agendas and send notes, updates and commitment reminders to other team members
- Work closely with our Communications and Social Media team
- To further develop our marketing and recruitment guide and to keep the guide and the project description updated on our website, especially prior to leaving the position.
- Coordinators must work at least 25 hours per week
- Volunteers must work at least 20 hours per week
- Basic Portuguese
- Minimum 3-month time commitment for coordinators
- Minimum 1-month time commitment for volunteers
- Knowledge of Marketing and Recruitment
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work within deadlines
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs and google drive
- Basic video editing (preferred, but not required)
- Support with the website (preferred but not required)