Office Volunteer Position
The ETIV Office Volunteer will receive training and support from the Director and the Assistant Director of ETIV and will be an integral member of the ETIV office team. This volunteer will have the opportunity to learn a great deal about non-profit administration as well as how to market, recruit and manage a volunteer lead NGO in a developing nation. The main duties of the office volunteer will be to help us manage our e-mails and correspondences with other prospective or incoming volunteers as well as support with our marketing, communications and recruitment work. This may include support with Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites, as well as helping us ensure that our recruitment postings are online and kept updated. In addition, the office volunteer will be invited to participate in our weekly staff meetings and will have the freedom to be creative and branch out to other areas in the community or where the NGO could use extra support as well. We usually prefer that our office volunteers work with us in the mornings from 9am to 1pm from Monday to Friday, but this schedule can be flexible to suit volunteer needs and aspirations. Portuguese is not a requirement for this role, however we do recommend that all volunteers learn to speak at least basic Portuguese, as not many people in Itacaré speak English.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years or older.
- Volunteers should work at least one month before taking vacation time, but we are flexible to suit different needs.
- Volunteers work at least 4 hours day/20 hours a week, usually Monday – Friday from 9am to 1pm.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application form prior to acceptance and they must sign and agree to our ETIV code of conduct prior to or upon arrival.
- This position requires at least one month time commitment. Two or three week commitment with Volunteer Package possible.
- No Portuguese necessary but basic knowledge recommended.
- Interest and/or experience in NGO administration