English to Portuguese Translation and Interpretation Volunteer Positions
Our ETIV Translation Volunteers will mainly be working in the ETIV office with the support and supervision of the Assistant Director and the Director. It is the duty of these volunteers to help translate our website, and many of our organizational materials from English into Portuguese. Hours for this position are generally between 9am and 1pm Monday through Friday, although schedules can be flexible. Meanwhile, we only need interpretation from Portuguese to English and vice versa. Volunteers that are able to do this job will be working both in the ETIV office as well as out in the community, so this position will have the most flexible hours as you will sometimes be asked to work in the afternoon and other times in the morning. We are looking for interpreters that will be able to work during community gatherings, during meetings with partners and other organizations and during our eco-tours and possibly other excursions as well.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years or older.
- Volunteers should work at least one month before taking vacation time, but we are flexible to suit different needs.
- Volunteers work at least 4 hours day/20 hours a week, usually Monday – Friday from 9am to 1pm.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application form prior to acceptance and they must sign and agree to our ETIV code of conduct prior to or upon arrival.
- Advanced or Native English, Portuguese is required for this position.
- At least 1 month time commitment required if coming to Brazil.
- Can be performed remotely for free with no time commitment necessary.
- Knowledge and experience with translation and/or interpretation preferred.