Our Coordinator positions are our most advanced volunteer positions, which require the greatest amount of responsibility from volunteers as well as strong leadership skills. These positions are only suitable for more experienced volunteers who are looking to coordinate and manage one of our projects. In this position, volunteers will receive supervision from the director and assistant director, but will be expected to be creative self-starters, who can take initiative and solve problems without anyone micro-managing the work. In addition, our coordinators will be expected to help recruit, manage and support other volunteers and community leaders that are supporting the same project the volunteer is coordinating for ETIV.
About the Volunteer Coordinator Position
The ETIV office is located in a beautiful large house which is the home of the Director and the Assistant Director, and where we also have 4 other rooms which can be occupied by volunteers. It will be the job of the volunteer coordinator to help us recruit new volunteers and find alternative housing options with local families and at other hostels and pousadas in town as well. The volunteer coordinator will be responsible for corresponding with prospective volunteers prior to their arrival, while also supporting and managing volunteers from the moment they arrive to the time they leave ETIV. This includes welcoming volunteers upon arrival, leading volunteer inductions and biking tours of Itacaré, organizing fun cultural and recreational activities with the volunteers, supporting fundraising events and supervising volunteers in their projects to ensure that their volunteer experience is both challenging, rewarding and making a positive difference to the families and communities here in Itacaré.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years or older.
- Volunteers should work at least one month before taking vacation time, but we are flexible to suit different needs.
- Volunteers work at least 4 hours day/20 hours a week, usually Monday – Friday from 9am to 1pm.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application form prior to acceptance and they must sign and agree to our ETIV code of conduct prior to or upon arrival.
- This position requires at least three month time commitment.
- Basic to intermediate Portuguese is required for this position.
- Good social and interpersonal skills.