Website Developer Volunteer
The ETIV Website Developer position offers interns a fantastic opportunity to get hands on experience managing and further developing the ETIV do Brasil website, while living in the tropical paradise known as Itacare, Bahia. Knowledge about Search Engine Optimization and a time commitment of at least three months is required. In addition, all volunteers and interns must learn at least basic Portuguese to start, as most people in Bahia do not speak English. Portuguese audio lessons can be shared electronically after signing-up to volunteer and intern with the NGO.
The mission of ETIV do Brasil is to link international volunteers with local communities to support environmental conservation and development in Brazil. We give volunteers the option to stay at our Volunteer House and add on Portuguese and Capoeira classes to their experience. ETIV can also link volunteers to discounted eco-adventure tours to visit our rivers, islands, waterfalls, hiking trails and exotic beaches during their time here.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years or older.
- Volunteers should work at least one month before taking vacation time, but we are flexible to suit different needs.
- Volunteers work at least 4 hours day/20 hours a week, usually Monday – Friday from 9am to 1pm.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application form prior to acceptance and they must sign and agree to our ETIV code of conduct prior to or upon arrival.
- No Portuguese needed
- A minimum of 2 months time commitment is preferred for this position, 1 month applications will be considered
- At least one year of web-development experience needed.