Youth Development Coordinator
We are seeking a Youth Development Coordinator that will design and implement fun enrichment and recreational activities with the children and youth of Itacare, while also supporting our other volunteers and coordinators currently running programming with children and youth. Currently, we have weekly English classes, and environmental training with youth, as well as a Literature Clubs (LitClubs) for girls. It will be critical for the youth development coordinator to support these projects when needed, while also developing new programming. It is critical that the support you provide to the other programs as well as the new projects or curriculum will engage children in fun and creative activities while also teaching them many of the core values that lay the foundation for ETIV’s work. It is especially important that the youth coordinator supports all of our teachers and volunteers working with youth to help them incorporate of core values and teachings into their weekly classes and programming as well.
ETIV core values include but are not limited to: mutual respect, acceptance, cultural appreciation, caring for each other, speaking the truth, acting honestly and transparently, sharing and being generous (rather than stealing or taking things that don’t belong to you), and actively caring for the environment, animals and all sentient beings.
This is a high level of responsiblity and an incredible way to build your resume and get hands on experience leading our youth development projects and programming.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years or older.
- Volunteers should work at least one month before taking vacation time, but we are flexible to suit different needs.
- Volunteers work at least 4 hours day/20 hours a week, usually Monday – Friday from 9am to 1pm.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application form prior to acceptance and they must sign and agree to our ETIV code of conduct prior to or upon arrival.
- Intermediate to advanced Portuguese required.
- At least 3 to 4 months time commitment necessary.
- Education and experience in youth development, psychology, social work or a similar field preferred.