Youth Development Volunteer Position
ETIV do Brasil is seeking a Youth Development volunteer or intern to support some of our youth development programs. This may include supporting our Environmental trainings and English classes with youth or our LitClubs for girls. Volunteers or interns with intermediate Portuguese or better may also begin their own new youth development programming which could include anything from arts and crafts to sports, theatre, yoga, dance classes or whatever makes the most sense given both community needs and volunteer interests and talents.
The youth development volunteer is also expected to help identify ways to engage the local children in fun and creative activities while also teaching them many of the core values that lay the foundation for ETIV’s work. It is particularly important that our youth development volunteer works together with our teachers and volunteers working with the children to incorporate simple 5 minute values trainings into their weekly classes and programming as well.
ETIV values include but are not limited to: mutual respect, acceptance, cultural appreciation, caring for each other, speaking the truth, acting honestly and transparently, sharing and being generous (as opposed to stealing or taking things that don’t belong to you) and actively caring for the environment, animals and all sentient beings.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years or older.
- Volunteers should work at least one month before taking vacation time, but we are flexible to suit different needs.
- Volunteers work at least 4 hours day/20 hours a week, usually Monday – Friday from 9am to 1pm.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application form prior to acceptance and they must sign and agree to our ETIV code of conduct prior to or upon arrival.
- Basic to intermediate Portuguese required.
- At least 1 month time commitment necessary.
- Education and/or experience in working with children or youth preferred.